Titanium Dioxide (TIO2)
Titanium Dioxide (TIO2)
- Titanium dioxide is naturally present in oxide form, and it can be mined and serve as a source for commercial titanium. The chemical formula of Titanium dioxide is TiO2. It is also called Titania or titanium oxideTitanium dioxide is naturally present in oxide form, and it can be mined and serve as a source for commercial titanium. The chemical formula of Titanium dioxide is TiO2. It is also called Titania or titanium oxide
- Titanium dioxide is absorbent and odourless. It is called Pigment White and titanium white when uses as a pigment. Generally, it is sourced from limonite, anatase, and rutile. In powder form, titanium dioxide is a widely used pigment for lending opacity and whiteness.
- It is a crystalline solid white in colour which is soluble in concentrated acids but insoluble in water and alcohol.
Application & Usage:
- Titanium dioxide is used as an opacifying and bleaching agent in porcelain enamels, giving them hardness, acid resistance and brightness.
- Titanium dioxide has the property to absorb ultraviolet light, and due to this property, it is used in cosmetics manufacturing, like producing sunscreen lotions and skincare products.
- Underexposure to ultraviolet radiation (The photocatalytic2) results in thin coatings shows disinfecting and self-cleaning properties.
- Alloys are characterized by being very high tensile strength and having lightweight (even at high temperatures), the ability to withstand extreme temperatures, and high corrosion resistance and thus are used principally in pipes for power plants, aircraft, armour plating, spacecraft, naval ships, and missiles.
- Titanium dioxide has unique properties that are well-known in nanotechnology and nano science.
- The first product to be used in nanotechnology was titanium dioxide.
- In the cosmetic industry, nanoparticles of titanium dioxide are used to produce different products.
- Titanium dioxide has bright whiteness property that is why it is used in coatings, paints, inks, papers, food colouring, face powder, and toothpaste.
- Titanium dioxide is used in the copper casting anode plates as a coating material.
- Titanium dioxide casting is utilized as a radiopaque agent.
- Titanium dioxide is used as a part of oil well drilling fluids.
- Titanium dioxide used as a filler for plastics to increase the density of the polymer.
- Titanium dioxide utilized to test the PH of the soil.
- Titanium dioxide used to diagnose certain disorders of the stomach, intestines, and exophages.
Titanium Dioxide (TIO2) is available in 25kg woven bag, craft bag or 1000kg big woven plastic bag