Benzyl alcohol is an aromatic alcohol with the formula C6H5CH2OH. The benzyl group is often abbreviated "Bn" (not to be confused with "Bz" which is used for benzoyl), thus benzyl alcohol is denoted as BnOH. Benzyl alcohol is a colorless liquid with a mild pleasant aromatic odor. Tech Grade (99.5% Min) Benzyl alcohol is one of the simplest alcohol that finds applications in a variety of industries, especially the fragrance and coating industry. Benzyl Alcohol is a colourless liquid with a mild pleasant odour, low volatility, and low toxicity that makes it ideal for a wide variety of applications for chemical synthesis for pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, personal care, and other similar industries.
Application & Usage:
- Personal Care: Benzyl alcohol is used as a preservative in the personal care & cosmetics industry for lotions, sunscreens, soaps, etc.
- Fragrance: Benzyl alcohol is used as a fixative and solvent for a variety of fragrances and perfumes. Benzyl alcohol is also a precursor to various flavours and fragrance products like benzyl benzoate and acetates.
- Coatings: Due to its low volatility and toxicity, benzyl alcohol is an ideal solvent for coatings, epoxy hardeners, lacquers, and paints.
- Pharmaceuticals: Benzyl alcohol is used as a preservative in injectable drugs
- Chemical Synthesis: Benzyl alcohol is a commonly used intermediate in the chemical industry to add phenyl/benzyl groups to products. It is used in manufacturing of esters used as an intermediate in the synthesis of the polypeptide. It is also used in the production of benzyl chloroformate.
- The derivatives of benzyl alcohol are used in various pesticides, APIs, photosensitive materials, and so on.
Benzyl Alcohol is available in 210Kgs Galvanized Steel Drums, 230Kgs HM HDPE Barrels