Cocamidopropyl betaine (CAPB) is a mixture of closely related organic compounds derived from coconut oil and dimethylaminopropylamine. CAPB is available as a viscous pale yellow solution and it is used as a surfactant in personal care products.
Application & Usage:
APB is used in formulations of personal and skincare products like:
- Cocamidopropyl betaine is used as a foam booster in shampoos.
- It is a medium-strength surfactant also used in bath products like hand soaps.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine is also used in cosmetics as an emulsifying agent and thickener, and to reduce irritation purely ionic surfactants would cause.
- Conditioners as an anti-static agent
- Toothpaste, shaving creams, body washes, detergents, etc as a thickening agent
- Liquid skin cleansers, make-up removers, etc as a cleansing agent
- Cleansing lotions, hand soaps, baby products, and so on as an emulsifying agent and thickener, and to reduce irritation purely ionic surfactants would cause.
Cocamidopropyl Betaine is available in 235Kg HDPE Drums